COMING SOON... DECEMBER 2020
Story Stitch was co-designed in 2018 by the Green Card Voices team and a diverse group of Minneapolis/St. Paul community members. The goal was to build a connection between immigrants and their neighbors by telling stories, opening minds, and encouraging people to know one another. It is our hope that the card game will foster deeper conversations and generate a breakthrough in how immigrants are perceived, treated, and accepted.
In 2019, Green Card Voices began providing a Story Stitch Facilitator training to provide participants with the tools to:
- Understand the conceptual components and philosophy behind Story Stitch by identifying how empathy is enhanced through story sharing
- Facilitate Story Stitch circles in-person and virtually
- Call out any bias and judgment remarks within a circle
- Set up a brave space for sharing stories by delivering clear instructions and effectively managing the reflective discussion
- Gain confidence in leading a reflective discussion by creating a strategy to facilitate a Story Stitch circle
With the help of the generous Marbrook Foundation grant, we recently developed the Story Stitch e-course, which will launch on December 1, 2020. This training will be offered through the online, e-course platform, Teachable ($99). A new, interactive training, which includes videos of the trainers and quizzes for participants to test their knowledge, allows individuals to become a certified Story Stitch Facilitator on their own time and schedule regardless of geographical location.
The e-course, like Story Stitch, was co-created by the following Green Card Voices’ staff and board members: Leslie Rapp, Luis Versailles, Zaynab Abdi, Julie Vang, Aaliyah Hannah, Tea Rozman-Clark and Rebecca David.