Green Card Voices is conducting monthly Story Stitch Facilitation Training virtually.
**This training is open to the public with the cost to attend $120.
**The training is free for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC). Please fill out the scholarship form here at https://forms.gle/5Z7CuSnjcWWetUvD6
Chances are, you’re feeling a lot of emotions right now—and you’re not alone. In the face of systemic racism, police brutality, and oppression, there is a great uprising for the collective to heal and fight the systems of white supremacist cisgendered and heterosexual patriarchy.
It starts with confronting ourselves and coming together from all diverse backgrounds – to mindfully listen, exchange storytelling, and connect on a human level. With the goal of fostering empathy and deepening understanding.
Sign up for the best date for you!
- Thursday, August 27th from 11am-4pm CST
- Saturday, September 26th from 10am-3pm CST
- Thursday, October 29th from 11am-4pm CST
- Saturday, November 14th from 10am-3pm CST
- Thursday, December 3rd from 11am-4pm CST
At this training, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand the conceptual components and philosophy behind Story Stitch by identifying how empathy is enhanced through story sharing
- Facilitate Story Stitch circles in-person and virtually
- Call out any bias and judgment remarks within a circle
- Set up a brave space for sharing stories by delivering clear instructions and effectively managing the reflective discussion
- Gain confidence in leading a reflective discussion by creating a strategy to facilitate a Story Stitch circle