Green Card Voices brings you our annual Voice-A-Thon which happens during GTMD21 on November 18th. Our goal is to fundraise $10,000 to continue and expand our life-changing work. Through multimedia storytelling, communities are exposed to inspiring, authentic, first-person immigration narratives that change the way immigrants and refugees are seen in communities across the U.S.
While the COVID-19 pandemic brought challenges to our organization and changed the way we work, our accomplishments didn’t stop!
1. We published two books, one of which is a first-of-its-kind graphic novel, “Our Stories Carried Us Here”, told and illustrated by immigrants. The graphic novel was also turned into an Art Exhibition – created by Charles B. Wang Center at Stony Brook University in New York. This Art Exhibition is free to the public and shown from September 8 – December 10, 2021.
2. In September 2021, we conducted our largest Story Stitch facilitated event with the University of Minnesota, where 400 students had the opportunity to share their stories
3. In October 2021, we hosted an in-person book launch and panel discussion about our graphic novel, Our Stories Carried Us Here that drew in new sponsors and partners to support us in our important work.
How to Help
Together, let’s uplift immigrant voices and build communities where everyone belongs! Support us in different ways:
- Schedule an online donation at www.givemn.org/green-card-
- Sign up to volunteer with us on November 18th at bit.ly/GCVGTMD21volunteer
- Share our digital campaign on your Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter accounts and tag us @GreenCardVoices
- VISIT US at the GCV Headquarters: 2611 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN!
- Show your support and wear GREEN!
- Donate while you’re here!
- Post on social media about your visit!
Our staff and volunteers will be there 24 hours but you can join us from 10 am – 6 pm on November 18.
GCV annually and frequently participates in GiveMN’s campaigns. Please consider giving towards our important work by clicking on the image below.
Please make your tax-deductible contribution by sending your check payable to Green Card Voices at 2611 1st Ave S. Minneapolis, MN 55408.
To provide a direct donation over the phone, please call the Finance and Operations Director, Aaliyah Hannah, at 773-225-2185.
Thus far we’ve interviewed and recorded stories of over 500 immigrants from all walks of life. The immigrants come from 140 countries spanning over six continents. Our goal is to build the largest video library of immigrants’ stories in America in the years to come. We ask for your help to fulfill the promise of Green Card Voices. We are confident that with your support, Green Card Voices will succeed in reframing the national dialogue surrounding immigration. THANK YOU!
Green Card Voices knows every immigrant has a story. In thinking about how to facilitate a dialogue that helps to replace bias and intolerance with understanding and acceptance, Green Card Voices came to a simple, yet profound, solution: Share as many immigrant stories with as many people as we can. So, please, help us record immigrants’ stories and impact our communities!
You may designate your donation for:
- Where the need is greatest
- Filming new stories (you may suggest a nationality, gender, age)
- Recording student stories in a city of your choice
- Publishing costs for new “Green Card Youth Voices”
- Traveling Photo Exhibit in the libraries
- School Curriculum
Current highest funding need: Printing and Publication