Enroll in the E-Course today to become a Certified Story Stitch Facilitator!
We are offering a limited number of scholarships to ensure that our E-Course is accessible. Apply for a partial scholarship here:
About Story Stitch Facilitator E-Course
Story Stitch was co-designed in 2018 by the Green Card Voices team and a diverse group of Minneapolis/St. Paul community members. The goal was to build a connection between immigrants and their neighbors by telling stories, opening minds, and encouraging people to know one another. It is our hope that the card game will foster deeper conversations and generate a breakthrough in how immigrants are perceived, treated, and accepted.
In 2019, Green Card Voices began providing a Story Stitch Facilitator training to provide participants with the tools to:
- Understand the conceptual components and philosophy behind Story Stitch by identifying how empathy is enhanced through story sharing
- Facilitate Story Stitch circles in-person and virtually
- Call out any bias and judgment remarks within a circle
- Set up a brave space for sharing stories by delivering clear instructions and effectively managing the reflective discussion
- Gain confidence in leading a reflective discussion by creating a strategy to facilitate a Story Stitch circle
With the help of the generous Marbrook Foundation grant, we recently developed the Story Stitch e-course. This training will be offered through the online, e-course platform, Teachable. A new, interactive training, which includes videos of the trainers, demonstrations, practice activities, resources, and opportunities to test your knowledge, allows individuals to become a certified Story Stitch Facilitator on their own time and schedule regardless of geographical location. The e-course takes approximately 5 hours to complete. The e-learning course is accessed through Teachable, the top interactive platform for online courses and coaching services.
Modules included in E-Course:
- Introduction to Green Card Voices and the creation of Story Stitch
- Conception components and philosophy behind Story Stitch
- Story Stitch nuts and bolts—tools and best practices for playing the game
- Role of the facilitator including how to manage difficult situations and lead a reflective discussion
- Next steps, a review of the facilitator toolkit and best practices from experienced facilitators
Upon completion, participants receive a certificate from Green Card Voices and gain access to our Facilitator Tool Kit. Participants who complete the Certification Activity will have their name added to the Certified Story Stitch Facilitator list on the Green Card Voices Website.
The e-course, like Story Stitch, was co-created by the following Green Card Voices’ staff and board members: Leslie Rapp, Luis Versailles, Zaynab Abdi, Julie Vang, Aaliyah Hannah, Tea Rozman-Clark, and Rebecca David.
Green Card Voices has partnered with the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, University of Wisconsin- Lacrosse, and other institutions to provide Story Stitch Facilitator trainings to large groups. If you are interested in Green Card Voices to facilitate a Story Stitch Facilitator training for a large group within your organization, department, etc, please email Program Associate Sylvie Dosseh at [email protected]